And now for something new, a behind the scenes shot (after the break)!
For this Kuuga shot, I was inspired by a piece of driftwood which reminded me of limestone formations in the badlands. I searched for an image of the badlands which I could use for the background. I tried to match the lighting in the background photo as much as I could using lamps (not seen in this shot, had to hold the other lamp manually lol).
Afterwards, I edited the picture in Photoshop and Lightroom. I fixed the brightness, color balance, and I added a photo filter, among other minor edits.
That’s about it! It sounds easy enough, but it also requires a bit of conceptualization and inspiration. I wish I had professional equipment for more elaborate shots but I’ll just make do with what I have at hand for now.
Stay tune for the next figure photo!